Don’t miss PHILADANCO opening Friday night. Tickets are limited - so get yours now. This engagement features new works by Rennie Harris, world premiere ballets, and high-spirited movement with passion, color, and theatrics!
BONUS: New Book!
Joan Myers Brown & the Audacious Hope of the Black Ballerina: A Biohistory of American Performance (Palgrave), written by dance scholar Brenda Dixon Gottschild, tells the story of Joan Myers Brown, founder of PHILADANCO. Gottschild explores how Brown’s personal and professional histories reflect the hardships—and advances—of African-American dancers in the artistic and social developments of the late 20th and early 21st centuries. Immediately following the April 20 performance, Joan Myers Brown and Brenda Dixon Gottschild will be signing copies in the Commonwealth Plaza!
6 Notes/ Hide
- daplatano5 reblogged this from kimmelcenter
- daplatano5 likes this
- a-new-dance-company reblogged this from kimmelcenter
- tommi-marshall likes this
- myellislife reblogged this from kimmelcenter
- 5wphiladelphia reblogged this from kimmelcenter and added:
- kimmelcenter posted this